Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ready for Paint

Here are some photographs of the door with everything finally attached.  I had just enough plaster bandages to attach everything (with the aid of a ton of staples.)


Top half of the piece with tendrils added.



Close up of the "head."  This part was probably the most fun to make albeit the part that gave me the most trouble with the armature and then the plaster.




Bottom half of the piece.  I was testing out some Basic brand acrylic paint to see how it worked.  I was thinking of using house paint to cover the plaster but this stuff seems to work well.  I just need to thin it down a bit to get what I need out of it.




Shot of the whole thing.  So pumped to stand it up tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I am digging it Mike. Make sure you get shots when it's all up and on display!!

    ReplyDelete