Wednesday, April 27, 2011

AP Project - Cyanotype Mixed Media

For my AP students, I decided to have them make cyanotypes and then work back into them using whatever material they chose to.  As I was explaining the project, I noticed that some of them seemed confused so before the next class, I made a few examples using cyanotypes I made last spring and a different media that I liked.
Dr. Martins Liquid Watercolor diluted with water and applied with a spray bottle.

Pen and Ink

Colored Pencil

Acrylic and Pen & Ink


Stained the prints with coffee.  (I'm thinking of going back into these with pen & ink but they were still wet when I was at school so that didn't happen yet.)

I'm happy with all of them but the coffee and pen & ink ones are my favorites.  It was also nice to see the students really "get" the project when I showed them all of these.  I could see the wheels turning in their heads and a few of them instantly decided what they wanted to do.  I'm excited to see what they end up making.  They are all extremely talented and I know they'll make good work.




No comments:

Post a Comment